Thursday, February 26, 2009

Squid this Week


Justin and I will not be attending Squid day tomorrow. We are spending the weekend in Thibodaux because some close friends are getting married.


To make this post more interesting, I've included a picture from Justin's and my wedding day, since we're on the topic of weddings.


Phil, I think you should post a wedding picture to prove that the woman we met last Friday was not a paid actress. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Not good enough....Phil could "photoshop" something together. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been slandered and toyed with enough! You just think I can't attract a woman who would marry me. Okay, so it was touch and go.

    We had an overnight couchon de lait when we got married. We roasted pig all night with friends and family. We told people we were getting married at 11am and got married at 9am in the morning air and everyone showed up in time for the "reception," which was suspiciously like a couchon de lait/all-day party.

    I wore my "dress" corduroys and held Denise upright so she wouldn't fall. She wasn't tipsy or anything; I think she was just shocked she had agreed to it.

    I may post pictures of the event, though. They are not digital (we didn't have digital nor blogs then, we had to ana-log), so I'll have to do a little work first. As much as I hate shopping, I definitely won't photoshop. 8<}

    ps A wedding is a poor excuse for missing Squid Friday. Next thing you know Aunt Kerry will miss because she's baby-sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the wedding go? Did they have any squid douvres? Hummus? Blue Moon? Newcastle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was an open bar, but alas, there was no Blue Moon or Newcastle. I had to settle for Bud Light.

    The wedding was beautiful; it was at Oak Alley with the reception at a banquet hall in Thibodaux.

    It was a lot of fun, thanks for asking.

    I guess now I believe that a pretty and smart lady like Denise would go for you. It just took some convincing ;)

    ReplyDelete