
So, Kerry and I decided that we would like to have some sort of email notifcation for when new blogs/comments have been posted.
Is there any way any of you geeky IT guys can figure out how to make that happen?
The Official Journal of the Squid Friday lunch crew. Established 2007.

Yes, there is a setting for that. I just turned it on (right now, only for you and Kerry). I have it configured for your work e-mail addresses. If you want me to use a different e-mail address instead, just let me know.
ReplyDeleteIf other Squid Friday members want me to enable this setting for them too, just post back and I will hook you up as well. I wanted to make sure that Squid Friday Members didn't feel like they were getting "spammed" from the website without their permission. :-)
RTFM, Kerry. =)
ReplyDeleteTony doesn't need to do anything, just go to the main page and scroll down to the bottom of the posts where it says "Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)"
ReplyDeleteThat will add an RSS feed to Outlook and you will get notifications of new posts.
Thanks, Brian. You're right. The RSS feed gives you quick access.
ReplyDeleteI realize that some people belong to an SNS (social networking site) and are used to receiving e-mail updates instead. So, I don't mind adding a member's e-mail address to the blog notifications list if that's what they prefer. Just let me know if any more of you prefer the e-mail option.
Thank you!
ReplyDelete