Friday, February 27, 2009

Vote Early, Vote Often

There is something screwy about the Poll, Tony. Now, I could try to find out what, but instead I'll just ask you.

It appears only you and I have voted. Each of us has voted 3 times, and our percentage (each of us) of the total vote is 75%. The total votes are 4. It doesn't add - or divide - up.

Do you think the Google gurus are using the "Orleans Parish model" counters? Do we need Brian to count this up for us using the "NCBRT model"? Or is he just a db guy who counts "One pa-tuple, two pa-tuple, three-pa-tuple, four."

4 comments:

  1. Good Point, Phil. It was one of Google's widgets which has turned out to perform quite poorly. As you can see on the left, I've just replaced the Google Widget with a more sophisticated one from PollDaddy!

    So, please cast your vote and let's see if this new Polling applet performs better. I like this new one because it has an option for "Other" so that people can manually enter guest names themselves.

    If any of you know of a better Polling App (or one you've used before and really like) just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an update.....although I do like the Polling Widget from PollDaddy, I don't see any option to allow users to "change" their vote. What if someone already voted to attend Squid Friday but then decided that they can't make it and would like to change their attendance vote?

    So, I'm still looking for other Polling widgets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might sound a little silly, but I'm not really sure what we're voting on. Are you supposed to mark yourself and click "Vote" if you're attending this week? Or are you supposed to guess which people you think are coming this week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you "vote" for yourself in order to indicate that you plan on attending Squid Friday. However, I've enabled a setting which enables you to "vote" for multiple people at once. In other words, you could select both you and Justin at the same time and then press the "Vote" button to indicate that both you and Justin plan on attending. I hope this makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete