Mary's Submission:
Let's get together and croon
For Tony a birthday tune
Squid is a winner
For his birthday dinner
As long as it comes with Blue Moon
Happy Birthday Tony!
(Beat that, gang!)
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Watch out, I'm on a roll. Here's the 2nd stanza:
ReplyDeleteAnd after the squid it won't hurt
To order a Chelsea's dessert
Which Molly will bring
While we all sing
To Tony, who's older than dirt!
Thanks! That's pretty good!
ReplyDeleteI feel sorry for Tony. It's so sad you would make such sport of an old man's few remaining days, when you COULD have said
ReplyDeleteTony is forty today
At least that's what HE say
His brain cells are aging
His memory's not paging
Looks 50 if he's a day
[I'm sorry. I've driven over a 1,000 miles in the last 32 hours. It's put me in a stupor. Otherwise I would have rhymed better so that he only looks 49. Also I could not come close to rhyming either cheese sandwich or humus (hummus, humous).) 8<}
lol. Can I make one for myself?
ReplyDeleteNow that I'm old,
It makes me bold.
I don't feel trendy,
but I'm flying to Indy.
If old age wants to fight me,
I'll tell it to bite me.
Mid-life crisis makes me feel odd,
so I went out and got this new iPod.
I feel younger listening to a tune,
but I'll still need my Blue Moon!
--
Posted from my iPod
A budding poet laureate!
ReplyDeleteI should have known you'd be able to work "iPod" into the poem. If you can only work in "slim battery," I'll be completely shamed.
My iPod's looks are sheer flattery,
ReplyDeleteall made possible by its sexy, slim battery!
:-)
LOL.
ReplyDeleteMary's new poem as commentary on recent postings:
"Egad!
That's Bad!"
Oh, no! He made a battery rhyme. I'm screwed.
ReplyDeleteOR, perhaps at Chelsea's I can just get scrod.
I knew the slimness thing would get rude,
But it's worth it, hat's off, "Well-done, old sod."
And as for JonMary
Egad!?
That's Bad!?
No, that's sad - - -
And a little scary
May as well
Go "whoo, whoo, whoo."
Like Curly, Moe, and Larry
Tony's poetry, like his battery, is slim and linear
(Okay, a few words aren't brass, but tinier)
So Egad!, That's Bad! don't cover it
You've dissed his spin, but he'll get over it.
Let's just settle on one thing
And this is very important
You were just talking about HIS posts, right
Not those of another correspondent.